[mobile-devel] Search Speed, SR Beta 1

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 17:38:18 MST 2009

I have several suggestions so this will be the first one of many.  None
of these suggestions are meant as criticisms and should not be thought
of as such.

My second topic is search speed.

Device, Sprint Mogul, HTC Titan, Mobile 6.

Search word 'salmon', whole Bible, KJV Bible.

SwordReader = 75 seconds
My Reader = 6 seconds

Again I think there is some quirk in my device.  My Reader loads each
chapter and searches character by character for the word.  written in a
combination of C and C++.  I believe the search is mostly C if I
remember correctly.

Could someone else try the same search and post your results?

The work David has done is great!  There must be some way we can figure
out why my device is slow.

~
SonWon