[jsword-devel] Java 1.6

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 02:32:57 MST 2012

Java support for Android is a bit confusing because Android Java (Dalvik)
is based on Apache Harmony which conforms to almost all of Java 6.  However
Dalvik uses its own class library built on a subset of Harmony which does
not align to standard profiles (for example Swing is not supported).

Android System Requirements
<http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html> (click
link below Download button) specify that Android requires JDK 6, so if
JSword builds with JDK 6 it should be okay for Android.

Regards
Martin