[Ichthux-devel] Reconstructor for KDE?

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:00:36 MST 2007

Hi guys,

The initial question Shane asked was about using reconstructor on KDE. I
didn't try it so I can't tell, and I dont' think I would use reconstructor.

Whether KDE is better than GNOME is a matter of taste and there's pros and
cons for both (I tend to think that KDE is a "give me all with all the
choices and tuning I want" kind of desktop whereas GNOME is more of a "I
want a desktop that just works and I trust the developers for choosing the
right options for me" philosophy).

The reason I chose KDE in the first place is because of the Christian apps
KDE has, namely Bibletime and Kio-Sword (at the time, BibleMemorizer now,
too). I'm not against including GNOME programs into Ichthux, together with
an Ichthux-tuned GNOME desktop (ichthux-gnome could be the name of the
package). On the contrary, I encourage it, although I think I won't use it
myself, just as I encourage the development of ichthux-lite (based on
Xubuntu - XFCE).

Raphaël

Raphaël Pinson - raphink at ichthux.com
http://www.raphink.info