[Ichthux-devel] Learning Packaging

Rich Johnson rich.johnson at ichthux.com
Sun Dec 24 14:05:11 MST 2006

On Sunday 24 December 2006 13:57, Siju George wrote:
| Dear Brothers,
|
| I am glad that ICHTHUX is here :-)
| I was lurking in the mailinglist for some time but couldn't be active
| because I was busy. I fell sick and have to continue work from my
| home. I read the contribute page.
| I think I can use this time of illness to learn packaging and help you
| dear people in any small way i can :-)
|
| Could some one please lead me to links on the internet where I can
| learn packaging for ICHTHUX?
|
| Thankyou so much
|
| Kind Regards
|
| Siju

Hi Siju,

Ichthux packaging is pretty much Kubuntu packaging which eventually leads to
its roots of Debian packaging. I hope that didn't confuse you, as it almost
confused me :)

Anyways, there are a couple of great documents to help teach you packaging.

UBUNTU PACKAGING GUIDE
   HTML:  https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/index.html
   PDF:  https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/pdf/ubuntu/C/packagingguide.pdf

DEBIAN NEW MAINTAINERS GUIDE
   http://www.debian.com/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide

The Ubuntu Packaging Guide was created and is maintained by our very own
Jordan Mantha (LaserJock). Hopefully if he is around he will hop in here and
provide you with some more information if possible.

Thanks for the interest and wanting to contribute to this wonderful cause. I
hope this reaches you in good health and I hope that you are feeling better.
Here is wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas.

God Bless <><
--
Rich Johnson
rich.johnson at ichthux.com