[Ichthux-devel] What's new and exciting today?

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 14:02:42 MST 2006

Hi all,

Here are some daily news on Ichthux development.

== Website ==

* Forums were added to the website [0]. You're welcome to post there!
* A screenshot section [1] was added by Laserjock lately.
* Igor Tamara is working on a new wiki for Ichthux using MoinMoin. We hope to
see this up soon :)

== Core dev ==

* I've been working on defining the specifications for Ichthux [2] to get a
better view of the way to go and measure our progress

* I implemented on of the specifications I wanted the most: locale-bibles [3],
by building sword-language-pack-%s (where %s is a language code, such as fr,
en, es, de, etc.) metapackages. Michael Volgt, the language-selector
maintainer, agreed with adding my patch to have these meta-packages installed
when libsword5c2a is installed in the system. What does this mean? This mean
that now if you want to install Ichthux in Spanish, you'll get SPARV by
default, if you want it in French, you'll get LSG, etc. and if you choose to
add a language to your system using language-selector later on, the Bibles,
commentaries and sword dictionaries in this language will be installed
altogether!

* Rober K. Day (aka rkd) proposed to help with the ichthux-filter
specification [4] by porting willowng, the new content filter for Edubuntu,
to pykde for a better integration in Ichthux.

== Artwork ==

* Nixternal added a wallpaper for Ichthux
* I made an animated ichthux fish for the konqueror throbber, and used it as
an animated gif for the ichthux-emoticons theme in Kopete.
* I have made Ichthux business cards based on the Ubuntu ones. They can
downloaded in svg from http://archive.ichthux.com/BusinessCards/ .
* We need graphic-designers to achive or graphical goals in Ichthux 6.09 [5].
If you think you can help with this, please do :)

== Other projects ==

* We have gotten more in contact with the Ubuntu Christian Edition [6]
project. We hope to be working more with them in the future, and to be
benefiting from one another's work :)

God bless
<><

Raphaël