[Ichthux-devel] Ichthux non-download and support policy

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Wed May 18 09:59:50 MST 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005 17:13:22 +0200
Raphaël Pinson <raphink at gmail.com> wrote:

As for support, The Freely Project has an on-line, ticket-based support desk
that is way underused.  When I mentioned Ichthux to Ben Thorp, he seemed
willing to offer support for Ichthux through the helpdesk.  Additionally, I
previously tried to encourage Freely's membership to establish ties with
their local LUGs and find the Christians (and others) willing to offer
support locally.  That's one of the main goals of Freely's advocacy efforts
- provide support so churches can migrate.

I think it would be a great idea to sell CD's.  Simply charge enough to
support the project.  I saw a distribution service previously that looked
like it could be perfect, but I seem to have lost it.  I found SwiftCD
(http://www.swiftcd.com/), and know there are others that do on-demand
distribution.  I would recommend (US) $11-$15 for a CD & $15-$20 for DVD.

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/