[Ichthux-devel] RE:CDD |more

David dk-dev at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 11:56:33 MST 2005

Hello to all,
As this is my first email to you all, a introduction is in order.  I am an active linux freak working along side of Pastor Ed.    My native distro is Hardened SE Linux  Gentoo which is a source based distro.  I hope to contribute in testing and development when and where I can just let me know!

A concern of mine is the hardware detection scripts that Knoppix derivitaves are known for.  I have installed ICHTUX on my junk computer and it worked well detecting everything except my video card (OLD  4mb rendition verite 2xxx).  The only concern with going to a CDD is that the hardware detection will not be as good  as the Knoppix distros.   We need to work hard on verifying that hardware detection is not a downfall.  I am somewhat 'alien' to debian distro's except to see what is new with Kanotix, and Knoppix, as well as what Pastor ED has apt-get'ed into existence, but I am a quick learner.

Other things:
1)  USB boot support?- Install minimally from USB drive, include a windows/mac based install to usb drive.

2)Include Grsecurity and PAX with kernels, provides a more secure enviroment.

3)If we decide to include wine in ICHTUX, we need to include the wine tools scripts as well, for ease of installation. http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/

David Kruger