Fwd: [Ichthux-devel] Lost Ichthux & the Cartoon Jesus

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 02:53:24 MST 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 9:54 AM, biblix.online at free.fr <biblix.online at free.fr>
wrote:

> > But within the specific context of Ichthux, we could certainly have a
> > top-level menu for Ichthux material, with submenus beneath. Thus:
> >
> > Debian
> > -> Apps
> > -> Tools (or maybe "Text" would be more appropriate/less cluttered)
> > -> Bibletime
> > -> Ichthux
> > -> Bible study
> > -> Bibletime
> > -> Gnomesword
> > -> Office
> > -> Openoffice
> > -> ? (christian organization office-related packages)
> > -> etc.
>
> the way Ben suggests to organize the menus is the best way because it is
> very
> intuitive and also shows that christian life is not just a church issue
> but an
> every day life issue and impacts every single thing we do in life.

I do not quite agree with this. For the basic user, Ichthux will be the name
of the whole operating system, and they might not see the difference between
Debian and Ichthux. Therefore, creating an ichthux submenu in the KDE menu
might be confusing, if people think the whole thing is Ichthux... I mean :
basic users would have to make the effort of grasping both what Debian and
Ichthux is.