[Ichthux-devel] Lost Ichthux & the Cartoon Jesus

Sun Apr 10 19:43:47 MST 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 12:30 pm, Raphaël Pinson wrote:
> On sid Debian installs BibleTime in Lost&Found in the KDE Menu. So it's not
> a knoppix issue it seems, but more of an issue with the package in itself,
> that is not well set to find a place in the KDE Menu. I think one of the
> goals of the Ichthux CDD would be to have a "Religious" menu on both KDE
> and Gnome to store the various programs focusing on religious goals.
> Although I was aware of this issue, I didn't fix it on ichthux 0.4 because
> it's not as easy a setting as a preference for the user, since the CDROM is
> multilingual. This should then be added to the general setttings for the
> KDE and Gnome menus (in all languages for i18n), and then in the related
> packages imo.

Actually, this should be fixed in the next version. I fixed this myself. Under
the kde menu scheme it looks for the following (in order), Religion, Bible,
Application, KDE, Utility. And sticks itself in the most approriate one
(Assumeing the menu system isn't overwritten like it is in mandrake) I think
on default kde menu installs this will go to the utilities category (I picked
there based on gnome-sword being there as  well)