[Ichthux-devel] Lost Ichthux & the Cartoon Jesus

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 09:30:34 MST 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 5:58 PM, Ben Armstrong <synergism at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2005 11:36 PM, David Blue (Mailing List Address)
> <davidslists at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Saturday 09 April 2005 07:58 pm, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:
> > > Also why is BibleTime under "Lost and Found?"
> >
> > An issue with the KDE default menu. It used to be under applications but
> that
> > category disappeared.
>
> In Debian it goes under Apps/Tools, which seems appropriate. But
> apparently Knoppix ignores the Debian menu structure. Well, I don't
> blame Knoppix, really, as there wasn't really a unified way of dealing
> with ordinary window managers & GNOME and KDE that made sense for
> years. The Debian-desktop group has been working on this, though.

On sid Debian installs BibleTime in Lost&Found in the KDE Menu. So it's not
a knoppix issue it seems, but more of an issue with the package in itself,
that is not well set to find a place in the KDE Menu. I think one of the
goals of the Ichthux CDD would be to have a "Religious" menu on both KDE and
Gnome to store the various programs focusing on religious goals. Although I
was aware of this issue, I didn't fix it on ichthux 0.4 because it's not as
easy a setting as a preference for the user, since the CDROM is
multilingual. This should then be added to the general setttings for the KDE
and Gnome menus (in all languages for i18n), and then in the related
packages imo.