[bt-devel] Proposed change for BibleTime

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:25:06 MST 2018

Jaak,

I would like to propose a significant change to BibleTime. It would
allow a user to continuously scroll through a module. No chapter or book
boundaries. This change would apply to all module types.

I have been prototyping this change in BibleTime for 3 weeks to ensure
there are no insolvable problems. It looks quite good. It is the same
technique used by BibleTime Mobile. It uses a Qt model/view instead of
QWebEngine. Scrolling is quite smooth. I have forked BibleTime on github
and pushed my changes to it so you can see for yourself. It is available
at:

https://github.com/gholmlund/bibletime/tree/master

Checkout the mv2 branch.

It is implemented for the "read" windows. Most features are implemented.
The main missing features now relate to the context menus (Find, copy,
etc.). These are not a problem to finish. They just require some more
time. Optionally we could eliminate all usage of QWebEngine by working
on the MAG view, the personal commentary editing, the search dialog, the
about dialog, etc. I wanted your approval before going any farther.

If you build the doxygen docs and look on the main page at the bottom,
you will see a model/view link that will lead you through the new
classes and how it works.

Gary