[bt-devel] Sword++ Warnings

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 20:28:04 MST 2016

Jaak,

I see my changes to eliminate some warnings were removed. I had to
compile the code, observer the warning came back, and read the git logs
to find out about this.

In my solution I logged the fact that an error occurred primarily for
developers benefit. This is in code that is very unlikely to have errors
and has never had any error logic. I thought that you would not like the
large code changes needed to completely test for errors in this code.

The code I had was certainly an improvement. I had the warnings using
the GCC compiler down to zero. An important coding rule is that a
project should compile at high warning level without warnings. Why?
Because you want to be able to see if new warning are being introduced
into the code. I have found that you have introduced several new warning
in the code since my code was removed. See your changes in listkey.cpp
for example.

It is hard to work on a project when the expectations are not very clear.

Gary