[bt-devel] BibleTime Mobile

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sun May 25 21:29:00 MST 2014

I have been working on a alternate frontend for BibleTime that works
well on Android phones and tablets. It is called BibleTime Mobile. Some
features are:

  * Open Bible, Book, Commentary, Cult, Daily Devotional, and Glossary
    windows
  * Scroll through the entire document continuously.
  * You can open multiple windows and set the window arrangement mode to
    either single, tabbed, or splitting the view horizontally,
    vertically, or both.
  * Adjust the font size of user interface text while looking at UI
    elements as they change.
  * Adjust the font size of document text while looking at at the document.
  * Install works from any of several internet sources.
  * Saves state of windows when you quit and restores them when starting.
  * Search multiple works at once.
  * Internationalization is ready but no translations have been done.

I would like to get some feedback about it. If you have a android phone
or tablet version 3.0 or higher, it should run. I have done all my
testing with a Nexus 5 phone and Nexus 7 tablet with android version 4.4.

To install it:
1. Change your Settings, Security, Unknown Sources to allow unknown sources.
2. Download the apk file from
http://sourcearchives.com/bt/bibletimemobile.apk
3. Using a file explorer, select the bibletimemobile.apk file. It should
ask if you want to install. Say yes.

Once you run it you will need to download some documents (works). Part
of what I want feedback about is how easy it is to figure out what to
do, so I won't give any details about that now.

If you do try it, I would like your feedback, good or bad. Just reply to
this email.

Gary Holmlund