[bt-devel] Problem with BibleTime ....

Barry Drake ubuntu.barry at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 06:17:05 MST 2014

On 08/02/14 10:26, Barry Drake wrote:
> The version of BibleTime that I have just built does not seem to see
> my compressed modules, only the rawtext ones.  The Sword engine sees
> them OK as demonstrated by using examples/cmdline/lookup which finds
> all my modules in both ztext and rawtext.  I have taken a completely
> fresh git checkout of the Bibletime source and re-built the binary,
> but with no effect.  Any thoughts?  An installation of BibleTime using
> sudo apt-get install bibletime works just fine.  I am running Ubuntu
> 14.04 testing.

Problem solved.  For some reason I don't understand, Sword had installed
the old library I built without compression in the place BibleTime
expected it to be.  When I built the version with compression, Sword put
it in /usr/lib64 where BibleTime didn't look.  Deleting the old and
making a symlink solved the problem.  It would have been nice if Sword
had put symlinks in place.

God bless,        Barry.