[bt-devel] Upcoming bugfix release

Jaak Ristioja jaak at ristioja.ee
Thu May 23 16:05:47 MST 2013

There! Fixed it in master and stable-2.9 so the change is up for
inclusion in 2.9.2. If you want to provide an experimental template
for BibleTime, just put a *.tmpl file next to where Basic.tmpl resides
and BibleTime should be able to detect it during startup. It works
basically just as Basic.tmpl except that #THEME_STYLE# is not replaced
with a CSS file URL.

Additionally, #DISPLAY_TEMPLATES_PATH# is now being replaced by the
absolute path to the display-templated directory, which hopefully
makes it easier to include extra scripts, CSS and such. For the same
reason, the entire src/display-templates will now be installed
(recursively), not just the *.css and *.tmpl files. Note however, that
only *.tmpl and *.css files directly under the display-templates
directory are considered as template candidates.

Since its 2AM, I hope someone else tries to test all this.

I hope that this will ignite all developers with Web skills. Once this
gets tested, we might want to spread the word about this so people can
try their best using web tools to add extra functionality to BibleTime.

If this catches fire fast, maybe future versions will be more web-like
and less desktop-like. :D

Blessings,
Jaak

TODO: Update ChangeLogs in master and stable-2.9