[bt-devel] Collaboration with Mini project

Костя Маслюк kostyamaslyuk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:58:46 MST 2013

Hi all.

I have pulled head revision of bibletime/bibletime:master to bibetime/mini
and resolved all conflicts. It is now synced with to recent BibleTime
changes and it is now simple to observe differences. So i hope that some
work yet done in Mini would be useful for BibleTime. I will be also glad if
we would discuss each difference and omit unnecessary or merge valuable
ones to bibletime:master, keep them as less as possible...

Fairly i would only offer true parallel display with taking into account
av11ns. Maybe it is done not good enough and do not process some cases, but
it is just works. Maybe it is good to investigate my solution before
implement own.

Also i would express my opinion that BibleTime ought to link with Sword
through own copy (just like Mini is built against BibleTime) and move most
of BT Core to that copy (text rendering, filters, search). This would make
work for BibleTime Core applicable for other frontends, but keep
development independent.

I disagree with Troy that Bt wrappers are useless, them make good
environment for development on Qt. But just work that wrappers do would be
transfered in BT Sword.

Not sure how good this development model is, i did not tried yet.

Blessings