[bt-devel] Bible Application for Mobile Devices

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 13:29:20 MST 2013

On 8/22/2013 1:47 AM, Костя Маслюк wrote:
> Regarding your todo:
>
> I will try to build Mobile under Android, currently without cmake
> scripts but pro.
> Install manager is that what i would make. I think utility for
> managing background tasks should be prior.
The current install manager is installing in the background in one
thread. This is all done at the end after modules to install are
selected. The progress is shown as it installs.

> For interface design i would like to avoid overlapping and hanging
> elements, it just makes feeling of some kind of a heap, overloads
> interface. Its better to make sliding panels, shifting and snapping of
> interface elements, those in my opinion makes feel order and logic.
> Just a mention, i understand that it is early variant of interface.
Please give a more complete description of each user interface before
implementing them. I think we should agree on them before implementation.

> I plan to merge prototype i will made and Mobile code, so i able to
> make this task also. You will need to test this on your devices as well.
>

> Recently i got success with my Bible model in QML. Model with 32000
> heavy text elements been layout almost smoothly on Android device. If
> there will be threader data acquisition it will be smooth at all.
> It would be layout with Chapters instead of verses, what mode do you
> prefer (continuous reading per chapter, continuous reading per verses,
> single chapter mode)?
Does "continuous reading per chapter" mean that multiple chapters are
loaded at once? Would the entire book be loaded? I think this is
preferred as long as it is not a performance problem. I do worry about
the performance?

> Also i'm interested in how would be realized BibleTime Magnifier tool
> on mobile device, will method with JS object work?
This concerns me. I know how the current desktop version works and the
QML WebView won't work this way. Javascript can be loaded and ran in the
WebView, but I don't know how to communicate back to the c++ code. I am
continuing to look for this answer.

Gary