[bt-devel] Bible Application for Mobile Devices

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 22:35:04 MST 2013

On 08/17/2013 11:29 AM, ????? ?????? wrote:

> I will spend some time on design interface yet.Then focus on Core
> improvements then design again. I found that to create design that
> would be good for all orientations and screen sizes is difficult task.
> There should be different layout and scroll directions for different
> orientations, on big screen we would like to show more elements...
>
> We ought to have somewhere todo list, to see each other's tasks in
> priority order. I will write there what i mean under Core improvements
> and we be able to discuss them.
>
> Here is my list, only first paragraph is actual
> https://gitorious.org/bibletime/mini/blobs/raw/master/src/frontend-mini/todo.txt
>

>     Since Mini is currently based on QWidgets, a QML version would be
>     mostly a new implementation, right?
>

> I plan to use both QWidgets and QML versions for some period in one
> application, there is no problems to just include Mobile and deploy it
> with Mini.
I want to make sure I understand this statement. I believe you are
talking about two executables, one for QWidget and one for QML, I am
asking because it is difficult to mix QWidget and QML in the same
executable.

I also think you are talking about starting with the Mobile code and
evolving it into the final product. Is this right?

>     I also feel that it should be in the same repository as BibleTime
>     Desktop.
>

> I plan to produce modifications for main repo from now, maybe in form
> of merge requests... And when we will be sure in quality of my code,
> you would give me write access.

This seems reasonable.

Gary