[bt-devel] SlideBible and BibleTime

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 13:40:14 MST 2011

Kostya,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Kostya Maslyuk <kalemas at mail.ru> wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> You may know that, SlideBible, Windows Mobile Bible reader now runs on Qt
> too. I have tried to use BibleTime sources and now i use full BibleTime core
> code but with QTextDocument instead of QWebView (afaik) and without clucene
> for now.
>
> I would like to make a clone of BibleTime tree on Gitorious but now i
> thinking of renaming the application. I very much like name BibleTime,
> because it reflects the main purpose of my application, comfort every day
> Bible reading. I spend my time with Bible with SlideBible (it doesn't
> sound). So I want to offer "BibleTime Mini" name, but only with your
> permission.

I surely don't speak for the whole group, but I have no problems with
the name.  If you're going to be using a large portion of the core of
BibleTime and just trading out the frontend GUI components for a more
mobile-friendly UI, I see no reason why you shouldn't brand it as
BibleTime.

> Maybe no one here is interested in Windows Mobile development, but i think
> it would be good enough for Symbian or c++ Android development in future.

Is there a Qt version for Android? If so, it sounds like a good base.
Last I tested the two Android-based SWORD apps, they left much to be
desired.  and-bible is based on JSword, which lags behind SWORD enough
that it's not very appealing to me, and Bishop is only being done by
Troy as a proof-of-concept that it can be made to operate.  I am an
Android user, so a good Bible app would be quite enjoyable for me!

--Greg