[bt-devel] BibleTime Mini

Konstantin Maslyuk kalemas at mail.ru
Thu Apr 14 01:57:20 MST 2011

> Great news! I already noticed your fork on Gitorious a while ago. We are
> looking forward to your contributions and to our partnership. God
> willing, let it be a fruitful enterprise. :)
>
> Being the current BibleTime project lead, I'm against using the name
> "BibleTime Mini", because it contains the word "BibleTime" separately.
> For possible future needs, I would hereby like to reserve all project
> names starting with the full word "BibleTime". Using prefixes like in
> "MiniBibleTime" is no problem. But alphanumeric suffixes like
> "BibleTimeMini" are not good, because they will cause confusion.
>
> So if you don't want to join the BibleTime team, please try to find a
> different name which does not contain "BibleTime" as a separate word.

> Otherwise, please let us work out the relations between our projects, so
> that we could make you an official BibleTime developer and allow you to
> work on "BibleTime Mini" or "BibleTime Mobile" which would then become
> an official fork.

With pleasure i would become a member of such blessed developers team as
BibleTime. I have noticed that all that you do you try to do for the sake
of our Lord and it is very important even in the information environment.
I'm also realize that membership in any team, as well as any other service
in the Body Christ's, means submission relations.

So if you will agree to take me in the team, i can offer following steps:

Giving you administration rights on Gitorious repo clone and SourceForge
project or even merge when both application will enough similar.

Renaming the Project in any thing you want. But i really like this name
and want to preserve this at least on platforms not supported by original
BibleTime. Like Opera Software do with Opera Mini.

Contributing in your project. There is complete Russian interface
translation in Gitourius clone. Also i have developed av11n mapping
support for Sword engine but since Troy inactivity it can't be uploaded in
official svn repository. So i would work on av11n support in BibleTime,
but this should be leader decision what is more important to do, because
there is much work over mobile application.

Blessings.