[bt-devel] BibleTime Mini

Jaak Ristioja jaak at ristioja.ee
Wed Apr 13 14:06:43 MST 2011

Hi!

On 13.04.2011 22:44, Maslyuk Konstantin wrote:
> I have set up project on SourceForge at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bibletimemini/. And want to hear your
> reasons about it before publishing information at Crosswire News. I
> still haven't official grant to use BibleTime Mini name or maybe using
> BibleTime icon would be not so good idea (but on device it is great to
> have icon because i haven't time to make own). There is desktop Windows
> version and you would look at how it looks and works.

Great news! I already noticed your fork on Gitorious a while ago. We are
looking forward to your contributions and to our partnership. God
willing, let it be a fruitful enterprise. :)

Being the current BibleTime project lead, I'm against using the name
"BibleTime Mini", because it contains the word "BibleTime" separately.
For possible future needs, I would hereby like to reserve all project
names starting with the full word "BibleTime". Using prefixes like in
"MiniBibleTime" is no problem. But alphanumeric suffixes like
"BibleTimeMini" are not good, because they will cause confusion.

So if you don't want to join the BibleTime team, please try to find a
different name which does not contain "BibleTime" as a separate word.

Otherwise, please let us work out the relations between our projects, so
that we could make you an official BibleTime developer and allow you to
work on "BibleTime Mini" or "BibleTime Mobile" which would then become
an official fork.

However, especially if you still decide to use "BibleTime" as a full
word in your project name, we urge you to ALWAYS state (in the project
description/about dialog/announcements/README etc), that your project is
just an independently developed fork of BibleTime and not part of the
"official" BibleTime project.

As an independent fork, please don't use our original icons and images
containing the BibleTime icon or the text "BibleTime". If you want to
use them for your project, please modify them so that they would be
easily distinguishable from the BibleTime artwork. Always change the
word "BibleTime" to "BibleTIme Mini" in all images.

We want people filing bug reports to the your bugtracker before it
reaches our official BibleTime bug tracker. Therefore we must be sure
that users understand the relationship between BibleTime and its
"unofficial" forks.

ALL DEVELOPERS: Please tell us you thoughts about this.

Blessings!
Jaak

PS: If you still want to pursue a separate project, I have an idea about
the name and slogan you can use:

  MoBibleTime: less is more

Note that "MoBibleTime" it might almost be pronounced as "more
BibleTime" and that "MoBible" is one typo away from "Mobile". :)