[bt-devel] Seg Fault Bibletime svn 2465 and sword svn 2536

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 07:42:34 MST 2010

  Thomas,

If you were missing a package it would be a problem for building, not
runtime.

 From you log I see that the crash is very early in the startup of
Bibletime while initializing the backend and sword. Since you are
building sword from svn, I want to make sure you don't have the sword
package (libsword8) installed. If you were to build Bibletime using
sword svn headers, but at runtime you were finding the package version
of sword, you might have problems like you are seeing.

Normally when I build on ubuntu I don't use sword svn. I install the
libsword8 and libsword-dev packages. Perhaps you can try it that way. By
sure to delete bibletime/build/CMakeCache.txt if you switch to building
with libsword-dev. Verify that it does not find the svn version of sword
by checking CMakeCache.txt after the build and looking for sword paths.

Gary