[bt-devel] Fwd: Re: [Linux4christians] Sword Project personal commentary question

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 12:40:13 MST 2010

On 3/22/2010 9:13 AM, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010, Raoul Snyman wrote:
>

>> On Monday 22 March 2010 16:05:24 Martin Gruner wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe we just need a button to toggle write mode in the read/write window?
>>>
>> I was thinking the same thing.
>>
> That could be a good easy solution for starters. If we want to aim for
> better overall writable module support, we should add ability to create
> any number of personal modules from "File->Create new..." menu.

I agree with the comment so far about the need for a more obvious way to
make the personal commentary writable and to have multiple personal
commentaries available.

However, there is a technical detail that will complicate just adding a
toolbar button for "write". The writable windows are implemented by
CPlainWriteWindow and CHTMLWriteWindow and the read window by
CCommentaryReadWindow. This means that you must close the read window
and open one of the write windows. This will probably look rather ugly
when it is used. We may need to re-think the writable windows and figure
out how to combine them into the read window and then just enable the
write mode of this window. This will not be a quick thing to change.

Gary