[bt-devel] announce: BibleMemorizer-fork is renamed to BilbleVCE

Olaf Radicke briefkasten at olaf-radicke.de
Fri Jul 9 03:08:45 MST 2010

Hi Jeremy!

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 12:45:43AM +0200, Jeremy Erickson wrote:
> Hey,
>     I finally got around to checking my SF e-mail and saw this.  I'm sorry I
> didn't reply to the forum threads much sooner.  I'm happy to pass the
> project on, since I haven't had much time to work on it and you've had time
> to do some nice work.  We can either let BibleVCE be the official fork going
> forward, or we can use the BibleMemorizer project (where I added you as an
> admin) and talk about a new release.

I don't know, which is the best away. My foke breaks with old paradigm. I
remove the sword-code in BibleMemorizer. BibleTime and Xiphos work better
with this. So i rather follow the unix philosopher: "one tool for one job".

I think, it is a better way, programming a nice interface. In this
time, BibleVCE can import Xiphos and BibleTime-Exports. I see the next
step in a method to start BibleVCE direct in BibleTime.

Normally - so i think - the user reading the Bible with BibleTime or
Xiphos and then it finds a verse, which wants to store. So the most
user start in first the BibleReader not the Concordance-tool.

Okay, the ask is: Do the old users of BibleMemorizer want change it
his working-philosophy too?

Greetings

Olaf Radicke