[bt-devel] Locales on Window / MacOS

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 20:51:26 MST 2010

  On 7/5/2010 12:04 PM, Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi Gary (and all),
>
> reading through BT's code for windows, I noted that you do some fancy
> tricks to get BibleTime to read the locales directory of the installed
> Sword files of the Windows installer. It seems that it is possible to
> construct an sword::LocaleMgr object directly, where we can pass the
> directory to the constructor. Then we can set this as the LocaleMgr to
> use by LocaleMgr::setSystemLocaleMgr. That would eliminate the need for
> us to patch config files just to add the locale path. Do you think this
> would be a good idea?
I don't remember all the details of why I did it a certain way. I sent
and received many emails with Matthew Talbert to get it going. Matthew
knew how it worked for Xiphos on Windows and we tried to make them
consistent. I did not try setting the LocaleMgr as you describe. I do
remember that before I got all the present setup in place, there seemed
to be a trade-off between finding the locale and also finding all of the
module search paths.
> Another question: when I start BT, and there is no ~/.sword/sword.conf,
> it will be created. Which code is responsible for that, is that BT or
> Sword itself (and where exactly)? I didn't find it so far. On a mac, the
> default location of this file should be somewhere else, but I didn't
> find how to change that.
Look at BibleTime::initSwordConfigFile() in bibletime_init.cpp.
> Thanks, mg
Gary