[bt-devel] Locales on Window / MacOS

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon Jul 5 12:04:24 MST 2010

Hi Gary (and all),

reading through BT's code for windows, I noted that you do some fancy
tricks to get BibleTime to read the locales directory of the installed
Sword files of the Windows installer. It seems that it is possible to
construct an sword::LocaleMgr object directly, where we can pass the
directory to the constructor. Then we can set this as the LocaleMgr to
use by LocaleMgr::setSystemLocaleMgr. That would eliminate the need for
us to patch config files just to add the locale path. Do you think this
would be a good idea?

Another question: when I start BT, and there is no ~/.sword/sword.conf,
it will be created. Which code is responsible for that, is that BT or
Sword itself (and where exactly)? I didn't find it so far. On a mac, the
default location of this file should be somewhere else, but I didn't
find how to change that.

Thanks, mg