[bt-devel] refactoring

Olaf Radicke briefkasten at olaf-radicke.de
Mon Jul 5 15:00:09 MST 2010

Hi!

Am Montag, den 05.07.2010, 17:19 +0200 schrieb Martin Gruner:
> Hi Olaf,
>
> > == 2.) ==
> >
> > I mean, the code quality of BT is a general problem. So  asks for me is:
> > completely again write or step-by-step refactoring?
> >
> For now we have to choose the second option because the codebase is
> large and there are quite complicated parts in it, esp. the code dealing
> with Sword.

...Okay, I can see the picture.

> We had a phase where we thought about a completely new implementation
> (BibleTime 2), but we dropped it due to lack of manpower.

Okay, i understand. Thus then step-by-step...

> Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?

I'm Olaf Radicke, live in Munich - Germany. Autodidact; Experience also
C, C++, GTK+, Qt, C# (WinForms), Java, Perl, Python, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL,
SQLite, MS-SQL...). The last 10 year, i work as
"Heilerziehungspfleger" (Socialworker). in this summer, i switching to
IT. More exactly: I learn "Fachinformatiker" (next 2 Year). That is a
little bit funny with 39 years. i'm Dyslexian. that is also some times
funny too. But it mostly makes nervous (my and other).

> I also want to investigate
> more about switching to DCVS (git possibly) in future.

I like Git too. Better conflict handling. I think switching is a good
idea.

> I think I'd also like to see an integration of a tagging mechanism
> similar to BibleMemorizer directly in BibleTime.

If I understand the bt-code better, i think about it.

Olaf