[bt-devel] Beta ?

Thomas Abthorpe tabthorpe at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 5 11:45:46 MST 2010

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 08:33:13PM +0200, Martin Gruner wrote:
> Gary,
>
> you are absolutely correct. I apologize, this is my fault.
>
> Now that we have a lot of activity again in SVN, I don't wan to freeze
> SVN Trunk, and there are already many changes which are not yet widely
> tested.
> We basically have 2 options, I believe:
> - skip the 2.8 now, backport important changes to 2.7 and release a
> 2.7.1 instead (I believe there was at least one bugfix)
> - branch off at a state in SVN before the refactoring activity started
> and use this branch as a base for the 2.8 release.
>
> What's everybody's opinion on this? My personal preference would be the
> first option.
>
> Regards,
> mg

In the spirit of a release for the sake of release sake, let us call
this 2.7.1, and let us re-factor the release schedule for 2.8.

Thomas

--
Thomas Abthorpe		| FreeBSD Committer
tabthorpe at FreeBSD.org	| http://people.freebsd.org/~tabthorpe