[bt-devel] Joining BibleTime team as a documentation author

Thomas Abthorpe thomas at goodking.ca
Mon Jan 25 21:24:14 MST 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:30:35 -0800
Fu-Chiang Chang <fuchiang.chang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to join the team as a documentation author (for English).
>
> I just downloaded the 2.6 version for Windows that came out recently.
>
> Right now I'm brand new to the project so can't contribute
> immediately.  I can get myself acquainted with the program and start
> reading the existing documentation to get myself oriented with what's
> going on.
>
> If there's anything else I should do to get trained or if there's any
> simple tasks to start off with please let me know.

Happy to hear from you!

I help maintain the documentation, and co-ordinate the incoming translations.

Just like coding, the documentation always needs more work. So as you
familiarise yourself the BibleTime program, scrutinise the documentation,
find inaccuracies, grammatical and spelling errors, and deficiencies in
general.

You can report back your findings, or even suggest sentence or paragraph
rewrites.

As Eeeli and Raoul mentioned, join us in IRC and you can ask more directed
questions that we can help you with.

Thomas