[bt-devel] Feature-a-thon - Tabs Within Windows

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Tue Jan 12 23:05:17 MST 2010

Hi Gary,

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:08:22 -0800, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> While the top level tabbed windows I originally proposed would be easy
> to do, I feel that the other choice you made or having tabs within
> windows is a very good idea. I don't believe both should be done as we
> would have tabbed windows with tabs inside of them. I don't think that
> would look right.
>
> I prototyped tabs within windows by taking the Qt demo program that is a
> mdi program with QTextEdit widgets for its windows. I used a subclass of
> QTabWidget as the windows and put the QTextEdit on each tab. Look at the
> second graphic here:
>
> http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/New_Window_Arrangement_Modes

This looks great, I just have one question: what would be the purpose of
these tabs-within-windows? I'm not seeing a real use-case for it. Could you
perhaps explain the reasoning behind your idea?

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
b: http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/