[bt-devel] Launchpad for translations

Daniel Holmlund holmlundlists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 15:01:41 MST 2010

I've done some translation from English into French on Launchpad and I
think that has a pretty good interface for translation.

The two things that I like about it are that for a translator you
don't need to be technically savvy in order to be productive.  There
is no need to explain what a *.po file or what software should be
downloaded and installed to edit it.

Secondly, Launchpad does matching of string that need to be translated
to strings that are already translated in other projects.  It save a
lot of time if a translated can simply verify a translation.

Daniel Holmlund