[bt-devel] class hierarchies

Patrick Sebastian Zimmermann patrick at zakweb.de
Wed Dec 8 13:53:49 MST 2010

Hi,
I don't know the code well enough to have a substantiated opinion, but "squashing" the classes
together that only have a single derivate and for which there are no possible other use cases or
possible new derivates should be save I'd say. From first look the only classes I don't see the
point in keeping the inheritance at first sight are CReadWindow/CLexiconReadWindow.

When doing such a change one should as well change the name of all participated classes to
Bt* as suggested here:
http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/BibleTime1Refactoring#Class_naming_convention.

I know there were plans for refactoring the html read display code since it is fragile. I guess it
makes sense to see what has already been thought about.

Greetings,
Patrick