[bt-devel] Moving to DVCS?

Olaf Radicke briefkasten at olaf-radicke.de
Sun Aug 1 15:29:23 MST 2010

Hi Raoul!

Am Sonntag, den 01.08.2010, 22:00 +0200 schrieb Raoul Snyman:
> On Sunday 01 August 2010 21:55:24 Martin Gruner wrote:
> > Can you please give your opinions on this? Are there compelling reasons
> > not to use git? I agree that the interface is somewhat complex, but it
> > is not impossible to use (especially for the simple use cases) and good
> > documentation is available. Even I managed to use it!
>
> A) Git is too complicated

No not realy. You are a gatekeepers (integration manager)? I think: no.
So all what do you do, is...

git clone [git-repos]
git commit -a -m '[comment]'
git push [owen public repos]
git pull [git-repos]

Complex is the merging, but this job is the job of gatekeepers
(integration manager). Not yours. And git give the gatekeepers a
powerful tool for this job.

> B) I already use Bazaar

...So what?

Please(!!) look this diagram (you are "lime-green" not "blue"):

http://www.whygitisbetterthanx.com/images/workflow-c.png

...and read this paper:

http://www.whygitisbetterthanx.com/

kind regards