[bt-devel] Qt versions and Hardy Backport of Bibletime 2.0

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Sep 25 19:47:13 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 19:15 -0700, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> > Alas, it fails on my fully patched Ubuntu 8.0.4 on amd64 installation.
>
> > ... On Bibletime's first start, it detected a KDE 3 configuration and
> > offered to import to which I said yes (I am still running KDE 3.5).
> > Then nothing.  I tried from the command line and it generated a
> > segmentation fault.  I rebooted just in case and started Bibletime
> > from the command line.  Again, segmentation fault - no additional
> > information.
> >
> > Any idea what I need to do to get my beloved Bibletime working at last?
>
> Sounds like either you had an old configuration which it did not
> like/could not convert, or which was corrupt?
>
> Can you try moving the SWORD and BibleTime configuration directories out
> of the way:
>
>   mv ~/.sword ~/dot-sword-possibly-bad-`date +%F`
>   mv ~/.bibletime ~/dot-bibletime-possibly-bad-`date +%F`
>
> and then running BibleTime, so it starts with a fresh (empty) SWORD
> configuration and will generate a new BibleTime configuration also?
>
> If that still fails, please create a new user and run BibleTime when
> logged in as that user, and see if that works for you.
>
> In my Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS virtual machine (i386) BibleTime 2.2 definitely
> works fine for me (I just fired it up again to make sure!).  I'll
> download the Ubuntu 8.04.3 desktop amd64 CD image, and then create a
> 64bit 8.04.3 LTS desktop VM, just to make sure it works there, too :)
<snip>
Thank you.  My sword.conf referenced /usr/local/share/sword and
something in there was causing the problem.  I'm gradually picking it
apart but so far so good.  I do find that whenever I add a work from the
bookshelf I get:

jsullivan at jaspav:~$ bibletime
(BibleTime 2.2) _FATAL_: ASSERT: "m_actions[name] != 0" in
file /build/buildd/bibletime-2.2/src/frontend/displaywindow/btactioncollection.cpp, line 55
Please report this bug!
(http://www.bibletime.info/development_help.html)Aborted

Thanks - John
--