[bt-devel] Qt versions and Hardy Backport of Bibletime 2.0

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 25 19:15:11 MST 2009

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> Alas, it fails on my fully patched Ubuntu 8.0.4 on amd64 installation.

> ... On Bibletime's first start, it detected a KDE 3 configuration and
> offered to import to which I said yes (I am still running KDE 3.5).
> Then nothing.  I tried from the command line and it generated a
> segmentation fault.  I rebooted just in case and started Bibletime
> from the command line.  Again, segmentation fault - no additional
> information.
>
> Any idea what I need to do to get my beloved Bibletime working at last?

Sounds like either you had an old configuration which it did not
like/could not convert, or which was corrupt?

Can you try moving the SWORD and BibleTime configuration directories out
of the way:

  mv ~/.sword ~/dot-sword-possibly-bad-`date +%F`
  mv ~/.bibletime ~/dot-bibletime-possibly-bad-`date +%F`

and then running BibleTime, so it starts with a fresh (empty) SWORD
configuration and will generate a new BibleTime configuration also?

If that still fails, please create a new user and run BibleTime when
logged in as that user, and see if that works for you.

In my Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS virtual machine (i386) BibleTime 2.2 definitely
works fine for me (I just fired it up again to make sure!).  I'll
download the Ubuntu 8.04.3 desktop amd64 CD image, and then create a
64bit 8.04.3 LTS desktop VM, just to make sure it works there, too :)

Jonathan