[bt-devel] bibletime-Bugs-1981297 Hotkey to focus location field?

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 15:13:09 MST 2009

I am working on the following.
> Bugs item #1981297

> Initial Comment:
> I keep pressing ctrl-L to get to the location field (as in Firefox), but I haven't succeeded so far. For a keyboard user, it is quite annoying to have to grab the mouse all the time.

I have  implemented and checked in this feature. It is a shortcut,
Ctrl-L, that changes the focus into the toolbar field of the current
window that has the Bible verse or book reference. By typing Ctrl-L you
can immediately begin editing this field. The action name which appears
in the shortcut editor under the "All text windows" group is "Change
location". Does this seem like the right action name?

In working on this I found that there was another feature using Ctrl-L.
This feature "Search with works of this window" was not specified
correctly and did not show in the shortcut editor. I doubt most people
knew of this feature. I moved this to work with Ctrl-N. I choose this
somewhat arbitrarily. I found that Ctrl-F and Ctrl-S were already mapped
to other search actions. Any other suggestions for this key?

Both of these need to be documented in the BibleTime handbook under
Hotkeys index. Also, since we decided that shortcut was preferred over
hotkey, I think the handbook should be updated to use shortcut.

Gary Holmlund