[bt-devel] Questions about BibleTime for windows

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:06:05 MST 2009

Only one small correction:

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>>> - Can the package be uninstalled without leaving data on the system?
>>>

>> It leaves the module directories. It also leaves the ~\Application
>> Data\Sword\ directory with sword.conf. and I guess also .bibletime\. It
>> doesn't touch env variables or registry.

This is not entirely true.  NSIS, which is an open source Windows
installer building application which CPack uses on Windows, does put
entries into the registry for the installation/uninstallation process.
 Whether or not any of these persist through uninstall is a matter of
NSIS configuration.  I don't know what the default is for that, but we
currently use the default CPack settings to generate the uninstaller.

>>> - Does CPack actually create the entire installer or is there more
>>> code/configration files involved? If so, where are these stored?
>>>

>> I know only about the BTCpack.cmake file.
>>

> You must also install the NSIS package for CPack to be able to create the
> installer.
> http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

NSIS is used to generate the installer, but NSIS is called by CPack,
which we use directly.  All of the configuration is done in the
BTCpack.cmake file as Eeli said.  However, you must download the MSVC
runtime installer and point CMake to its location before you generate
the VC Project files.  Gary has mentioned the required configuration
variable, which I forget now.

--Greg