[bt-devel] SVN code versioning scheme and Windows packages

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon Oct 26 10:07:02 MST 2009

Eeli,

I just chaned the implementation. It works much better now, detects the real
revision, and is only executed when you call cmake. CMakeLists.txt is not
changed. It will also work without SVN installed Please try it out.

> > You should definitely start using ccache!
>
> Probably yes, but I'm reluctant to adopt new technologies :) And we
> shouldn't require developers using extra tools. It's better to keep the
> system lean and easy so that the newcomers aren't scared away so easily.

You don't have to use it to compile BibleTime. But for all developers I'd
highly recommend it just because it saves lots of time. Please do try it out,
too. It's simple, fast and transparent.

mg

--

Bauplan des Lebens - längst im Gen entdeckt!
Die Wissenschaft ist stolz: Sie hat's gecheckt.

Wolf Rahn