[bt-devel] SVN code versioning scheme and Windows packages

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Oct 25 02:04:13 MST 2009

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Martin Gruner wrote:

> > At the moment my final vote would go to "2.3+svnr<revision>".
>
> I just implemented this behaviour in cmake. It happens automatically, of
> course.
>
> mg

It didn't work automatically for me. After I updated my tree to your
change the CMakeLists.txt file read

STRING(REGEX REPLACE "[$]Revision: ([0-9]+) [$]" "\\1" SVN_REVISION "$Revision: 1682 $")

I did a commit which became rev1683. Then I rebuilt, but only with make,
not from scratch. The old rev remained there.

And if it did work automatically with every commit it would become a
problem: if the contents of the CMakeLists.txt file is changed, as you
seem to have intended, the whole project with all files is rebuilt. For
me it takes several minutes. This is unbearable if it happens with every
commit.

Otherwise, the idea of automatic version number update is very good.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland