[bt-devel] BT doesn't start on WinXP

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Oct 22 05:59:32 MST 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Novák Géza wrote:

> Hi all,
> I don't know about windows build progress, but i think i have an idea to
> solve the SWORD_PATH issue...
> I was exported the sword path's registry key, (system-wide, c:\sword) so
> i think the installer can it put to registry back...
> (I can export an user-level registry key too...)
>
> What about it?
> (If it's a dumb idea, do not hesitate, forget it ;) )

I can't comment on technical details and I don't think it's a dumb idea.
However, I dislike the idea of using Windows registry. At least the
official CrossWire frontend has the idea of being self-contained and not
contaminating anything outside the installation directory. We should
follow the same idea, especially if other frontends do likewise.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland