[bt-devel] Status of Windows Builds

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Sat Oct 10 08:03:38 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:
> Daniel Owens wrote:
>>
>> Gary Holmlund wrote:
>>>
>>> PS. If you got this far through the email and want to try to install
>>> on windows and are willing to do the manual fixes after installing,
>>> read on.
>>>
>>> 1. Download and install
>>> http://sourcearchives.com/downloads/bibletime-2.3.0-win32.exe
>>> 2. Download and unzip http://sourcearchives.com/downloads/fivefiles.zip
>>> 3. Copy the five files into c:\Program Files\BibleTime\bin
>>> 4. The extra files for c:\Program
>>> Files\BibleTime\bin\plugins\imageformats\ are already there. Don't
>>> worry about them.
>>> 5. Using the control panel set QT_PLUGIN_PATH to c:\Program
>>> Files\BibleTime\bin\plugins
>>> 6. Using the control panel set SWORD_PATH to c:\Documents and
>>> Settings\<login name>\.sword
>>> 7. Make the .sword directory using the Command Prompt window
>>> 8. Try BibleTime from the menus
>>>

>> I scrolled down to this point and followed your directions 1-5. I did
>> #6 according to my own local Sword path (hence 7 was unnecessary).
>> The program opens and discovers locally installed resources, but
>> icons didn't seem to work. I am using a 64-bit Windows Vista system.
>>
>> Daniel
> Daniel,
>
> Are you sure the path on set 5 is correctly set?
>
> Do you know how Xiphos setup the SWORD_PATH for windows. I need to
> find more information about doing it in a Xiphos compatible way.
>
> Gary

It needs to be a user not a system variable. I should have tried both.
It works for me now. Thanks.

In Vista my Xiphos wants to install to
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sword, but I can't remember if I set
that up myself or not. I think in Vista the issue is permissions, so
that's why the sword path is in the user folder.

Daniel