[bt-devel] Text window header added

'Kang Sun' k486 at digizip.com
Thu Nov 26 15:42:45 MST 2009

* Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com> wrote on [2009/11/26 15:04]:
> I would like to avoid using the toolbar directly to identify the
> works. In the future, I would like to see the ability to move the
> toolbar off the book windows and onto the main windows. As you
> select different book windows the main window toolbar changes to
> reflect the correct widgets for the active book window. This is how
> many MDI programs work.
>
> I believe the the way Eeli has it now is reasonable as long as I
> have a preference to turn it off, or it automatically turns on/off
> as you turn on/off extra columns.

That's a good point.  I think my intended meaning was to make it look
more like the toolbar (color, fonts, etc) instead of attaching it to the
toolbar.

For a universal toolbar, there might be problems with having to update
the keychooser for each selected window.  Then, every work would still
need to show the key that is currently displayed.

One nice thing about individual toolbars for each window is that I don't
have to move the mouse very far away from a window.  So, wouldn't it
take and extra step: click to activate a window, then click a toolbar
button.