[bt-devel] Toolbar viewing problem in BT

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Nov 22 08:40:48 MST 2009

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009, Kim Blewett wrote:

> I am running BibleTime v 2.4 with a modified Xubuntu 9.10 Jaunty
> distribution. I'm having a problem with the backgrounds of the toolbars
> for the individual text windows. As you can see from the attached
> screenshot the toolbars turn black whenever the mouse passes over one.
> If I click in the text of a window, usually that toolbar reverts to
> white (normal background), but they keep changing. While it's black the
> movement arrows and other things are very hard to see, and the black
> bars across the screen are distracting.
>
> I have the OS on an SD card, which I can boot from various computers.
> This problem occurs both on an Eee 1000XE and on an OLPC XO-1--using the
> same system on the SD.
>
> I also have Ubuntu 9.10 installed on the Eee, and BibleTime 2.4 on that
> system works fine--no black toolbars. It's the same version of BT and
> the same version of libqt4 (v4.3) on both systems. I did install
> libqt4-gui manually--I think it was missing from the dependencies for BT
> 2.2??
>
> Could my Xubuntu system be missing some package that's needed? Do you
> need more info to help diagnose this problem?

Two things come to mind. It may be a bug in graphics rendering in Qt or
in display drivers. Or some qt image plugin, probably the svg plugin,
isn't there. The latter is the case if icons aren't shown at all.

But the screenshot wasn't of BibleTime - did you attach a wrong one?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland