[bt-devel] New Windows users and user experience

'Kang Sun' k486 at digizip.com
Fri Nov 20 11:49:31 MST 2009

* Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote on [2009/11/20 09:18]:
> I'll be the first to respond - I don't use any of them, because I
> frankly have no idea what they do.  Hovering over them and waiting for
> a tooltip is supremely annoying to me.  The only way I'll use a
> toolbar is if either
>
> 1) The buttons have identical or very nearly identical icons with
> nearly identical functions to office programs (e.g.
> save/open/new/copy/cut/paste), or
> 2) The buttons have labels which are always visible.
>
> If at least one of those criteria is not met, I will just ignore the
> toolbar and look for menu options.
>
> --Greg

I agree.  I have the main toolbar hidden to reclaim more screen space
and find it very usable.  Now, as for the window toolbars, that's a
different story...

I think adding an "Edit" menu to the menubar would be helpful and it is
a standard menubar item for Mac and Win.  Copy/cut/paste would be
appropriate for the entry fields and copy would be appropriate for
either the current verse or the selected text.  Do the Mac and Win
versions automatically include the Edit menu?