[bt-devel] web site home page text

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Nov 20 05:32:00 MST 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Daniel Holmlund wrote:

> Hi Raoul,
>
> I think that moving the website to Drupal is an excellent idea for
> many reasons.  If you are beginning to form a group to work on this
> project, I would like to volunteer.  I have several years of
> experience working with and deploying Drupal for missionaries here in
> France.  Typically, these sites are either online magazines for French
> speaking Africans or French podcasts.  I particularly enjoyed working
> on http://cheminsdevie.info/ the French translation/adaption of James
> Vernon McGee's 5 year 'Thru the Bible' program which was done for
> TransWorld Radio.
>
> I'd really like to see the BibleTime website become more user oriented
> and allow more people to participate together online.

This really is an interesting idea. I personally prefer python over php
so I would like plone more :) But we need a scalable, easy system which
will be supported in the future. Drupal might be a good candidate even
though I read some comments about it which say it's a bit heavy or not
so easy to start using.

Would for example this kind of scheme be possible with drupal:

Pages have a main tab selector for major sections, namely "BibleTime",
"Blog", "Develop" and possibly "Forum". Each would lead to a different
server name, www.bibletime.info, blog.bibletime.info,
devel.bibletime.info and forum.bibletime.info.

All of these subsites would have identical skins and all those
would have the main tabs visible. Some of them would have their own
sidebar menus:

BibleTime:
	* About
	* News
	* Download
	* Help
Develop:
	* (main pages of the wiki which are now front page links)

It would be great if the developer wiki could be integrated to the whole
like this. The "real" wiki is nice to use, but it might be possible to
edit pages easily without an actual wiki software.

The different sections should have different user priviledges. All
registered users should have rights to edit and add new devel section
pages, just like in the current wiki. Fewer people should have rights to
edit or create pages in the BibleTime section.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland