[bt-devel] notes to developers

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Thu Nov 19 10:41:02 MST 2009

Hi developers,

the issue with the debug output of BibleTime 2.4 showed a problem. One
developer changed some code to ease his development (to always see debug
messages), but forgot to remove this before the release. Therefore we'll have
a new guideline:
- do not check in code that is only needed for development and active by
default

I'll put this in the wiki. In the case of debug messages, just run bibletime
with the argument "--debug" to see the debug messages. This switch can also be
used for other development-specific code.

And please check your editor settings to always use 4 SPACES as one
indentation level. Don't use tabs any more! This improves readability of SVN
diffs. The convention is enforced by a periodic automatic codebase reformat
anyway.

Thank you!!

mg

--

Bauplan des Lebens - längst im Gen entdeckt!
Die Wissenschaft ist stolz: Sie hat's gecheckt.

Wolf Rahn