[bt-devel] Refactoring displaywindows classes; a future feature

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Thu Nov 19 10:34:40 MST 2009

Eeli,

> Also I want to
> get rid of passing module pointers and use QStrings and QStringLists
> which lessen the probability of crashes when modifying something. (As a
> side note QString and QStringList copies shouldn't be afraid of, its
> very cheap to copy them. See the Qt documentation for more.)

I don't agree. It is never as cheap as copying a pointer. And if you just
switch from pointers to QStringLists that doesn't change the problem of
ownersphip. If you need to have a reference to a CSwordModuleInfo, a pointer
is a good thing to do that. Maybe we should centralize the places where these
pointers are held, but not copy around lists of module names.

Besides, a function called getPointerList is not a very specific name. :D

Regards, mg

--

Bauplan des Lebens - längst im Gen entdeckt!
Die Wissenschaft ist stolz: Sie hat's gecheckt.

Wolf Rahn