[bt-devel] Mac Build

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:31:53 MST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greg Hellings wrote:
>>
>> I've grabbed my Mac and am updating the ports libraries that I use to
>> build against in the Mac version.  Tonight I'll build both the latest
>> release tarball and also the current SVN head for Mac and post them
>> for anyone who wishes to look at.  When it comes to dependencies,
>> CPack current adds in the following to the App Bundle, let me know how
>> this should change:
>> QtWebKit
>> QtGui
>> QtXml
>> QtTest
>> QtNetwork
>> QtCore
>> QtSvg
>> libclucene
>> libcurl
>> libssl
>> libcrypto
>> libicu* (to be remoeved)
>> libpng
>> along with Qt plugins for iconengines and imageformats
>>
>> The last time I did this build was a few months ago, so I want to know
>> if there are any dependencies I can add in and/or remove, other than
>> libicu, which I'll pull out of the CPack file and the app bundles.  I
>> won't be building until later tonight, so if you hurry, I can even
>> make the change in this release! =P
>>
>> --Greg
>>

> Greg,
>
> I don't know of any changes in dependencies.

Builds without ICU are available at
http://www.crosswire.org/~ghellings/bibletime/ for both 2.3.3 and also
for SVN r1806, labeled as 2.4rc1.  The downloads come in at around 28
MB each, and they install to 90 MB.  That's still pretty large, but
it's at least better than the 100+ sizes I was seeing with ICU
included.  I'll see about messing around with the internals of the
Frameworks, since I'm hoping the installed binary versions don't need
header files, debug AND release libraries all at the same time.  I
also updated the SVN HEAD to no longer include ICU for Mac installs.

--Greg