[bt-devel] Bug-a-thon II

Thomas Abthorpe thomas at stthomasanglican.org
Sat Nov 14 22:31:46 MST 2009

I am pleased to report yet another successful Bug-a-thon.

During today's efforts we sifted through open Tracker IDs, closed off some
stale dated bug entries, re-assigned some bugs to feature requests, and even
managed to commit some code that addressed remaining bugs. This leaves us at
this time with 5 open bugs!

A recent contributor and participant in IRC officially joined the team at
our Bug-a-thon. Please welcome Kang Sun aka bigox. Kang committed some code
that refined wildcard searches.

During our last Bug-a-thon, we talked about establishing an End Of Life (EOL)
support convention. It was agreed during our little summit, that most major
Linux distros, Free/PCBSD and (soon) windows packages have active maintainers
to ensure current updates, and that we will support current versions at this
time.

Other little issues that came up for post 2.4 work was to scour the codebase
and perform whitespace cleanups. Our next event will be a
Feature-a-thon, the date is yet to be announced. During this time we will
attempt to add features from our list of open Tracker IDs.

We have shortened the release cycle for 2.5, in order to have a version out
for Christmas, you can read more on the mailing list thread,
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/bt-devel/2009-November/009549.html. It is
with this release of 2.5 that we hope (read PRAY) to officially have a stable
Windows release.

I suspect I may have missed something, if so, I pass it over to my compadres
to fill in the gaps :)

Your brother in Christ

Thomas

--