[bt-devel] requriring QtSql / QTSQLITE

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:51:30 MST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Martin Gruner <mg.pub at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am strongly thinking about a new feature. The current alternative
> versification support has one major drawback: it does not yet have schema
> mapping. So when you display modules with different v11n systems in
> parallel,
> you will get wrong results.
> Until Sword supports schema mapping, we might just have our own small
> solution. I just checked, if I only store the data sets of places where
> v11n
> systems differ, it will be about 40k datasets. Too much to compile into the
> code.
> So I'd like start using QtSql with the QTSQLITE driver. I used it before,
> and
> it is fun. We might do all sorts of cool things with this later.

When this has been discussed in the past by Sword developers, a lot of the
problem has been data rather than implementation (for example, the Wiki page
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification says that the CCEL
data is "due to numerous errors probably not a prospective source of data
for Sword").  What data source(s) were you planning on using?

Jon